Directed by Claudia DeMartino and Brooke Hutchins
Sunday, September 17th 3pm-6pm – Youth Girls 6-14 ONLY
Tuesday, September 19th 6pm-9pm – Adults 15+ and youth boys
Wednesday, September 20th 6pm-9pm – Callbacks
Performance Dates: December 8, 9, 10, 14, 15, 16, & 17.
Please bring resume and headshot (or current photo).
Please prepare 16 measures of a Broadway show tune, not from Annie – an accompanist will be provided, so please bring sheet music.There will be no dance for initial auditions, but we may ask for some movement at callbacks.There will be a full character list at auditions.
- Annie (will be double cast) – Mezzo-soprano; an 11-year-old street-wise orphan. Spunky and big-hearted.
- Oliver Warbucks – Baritone; 30+ Successful businessman, with a warm heart.
- Grace Farrell – Soprano; 20+ Faithful secretary to Oliver Warbucks. Poised, sweet, gentle.
- Miss Hannigan – Alto; 30+ Orphanage matron who hates children, but is fond of liquor.
- Rooster – Tenor; 25+ Miss Hannigan’s no good brother. A sleazy slick con man
- Lily – Soprano; 20+ Rooster’s girlfriend also out to make a quick buck.
- Orphans – Ages 6-15 Six speaking roles and up to three additional
Ensemble (including FDR, the Boylan Sisters, Mrs. Pugh, Mrs. Greer, Drake, Bert Healy and more!)
Please contact Brooke firstname.lastname@example.org or Claudia email@example.com with any questions.
“John Ball’s In The Heat of the Night”
Adapted by Matt Pelfrey
Directed by Patrick White
Audition Dates: August 6, and August 8 at 7pm.
It’s 1962. A hot August night lies heavy over the small town of Argo, Alabama. A dead white man is discovered and the local police arrest a black stranger named Virgil Tibbs. The police discover that their prime suspect is, in fact, a homicide detective from California. As it happens, Tibbs becomes the racially tense community’s single hope in solving a brutal murder that is turning up no witnesses, no motives and no clues.
Open casting call for the following:
Looking for 8 men (18-70) and 2 women (18-30) to play multiple characters of different ages.
Needed: 1 black actor, 25-40, to play Virgil Tibbs
Sides from the script will be provided. Production runs 10/6 – 10/15. Rehearsals will be Sunday – Thursday after Labor Day.
Questions: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
SLCA 2018 Short Play Festival
Audition Dates: Aug 13 at 6pm, and August 15 at 7pm
Think COLD. Cold heart, a cold with the sniffles, cold weather. The festival is eight short comedies and dramas that in some way relate to “cold”.
Looking for: 17 women. 5 (15-20), 9 (30-50’s) 3 (60 and older)
14 men. 4 (15-30), 7 (30-50’s), 2 (60 and older) and 1 any age.
Production dates: January 18-21
Rehearsals will be the month of January 2018 plus at the needs of the director and cast.
Contact: Val Kavanaugh at email@example.com for more information.