Dear Friends of SLCA,
According to Pablo Picasso, “the purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls.” What a wonderful way we have to do this right here in our own community at the Sand Lake Center for the Arts, where our mission is: To enrich community life through discovering, appreciating and creating excellence in theatre, the performing arts and the visual arts.
The Sand Lake Center for the Arts truly has something for everyone:
- Circle Theatre Players features four full production plays
- The Squire Jacob Concert series provides fine acoustic music to our audiences with nationally and internationally recognized artists
- The Dan Sekellick Gallery, an airy, light filled exhibit space and reception area featuring original stained glass windows, hosts eight exhibits annually
- Studio 43 features exhibits highlighting art from Averill Park and Montessori students
- Our Summer Youth programming offers an extensive program of summer workshops for children, including arts, crafts, and theater
- Special programs include classes and workshops for adults
- As a professional venue for students, we host the Averill Park Jazz Ensemble
- Our Many special events include films, concerts, comedy, and our annual Holiday Arts Fair and Holiday Revue
We are a multi-disciplinary community arts center – over the years, thousands of people have created and experienced our many performances and events, visited our visual arts gallery, taken classes, enjoyed our musical performances – and more!
Thanks to so many in our community and beyond for allowing us to grow and thrive, because it is with this support that we continue to impact our community. Please join us once again with a donation to our annual fund. Better yet, please consider becoming part of our growing group of Sustaining Donors with a monthly contribution.
|Susanne M. Keller||Debra Roy|
|President Board of Directors||Executive Director|
OR Print Donation Form and mail check